Re: ignore case option [Q]

Greg Wanner ( greg@ewol.com )
Sun, 16 Mar 1997 09:08:09 -0500

I have found that the IgnoreCase registry value works, but backwards. If
you edit the registry, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\IEA\RadiusNT\IgnoreCase
and set to REG_SZ: 1, it will require case sensitive user name and
password. Just for laughes I changed the value to REG_SZ: 0 and allow
users to login without case sensitive which is what I wanted. I would try
to edit your registry and change the IgnoreCase to REG_SZ: 1, then restart
the service and try radlogin?

Greg@ewol.com

P.S. I am running RadiusNT 1.16.60 on Win NT 4.0 sp2 as a service. Good
Luck!

---------
> From: Nolan W. Bailey, Jr. <nolan@cp-tel.net>
> To: RadiusNT@emerald.iea.com
> Subject: ignore case option [Q]
> Date: Sunday, March 16, 1997 2:32 AM
>

> Does anyone know if the ignore case option in the radadmin.exe actually
> works?
>
> I've tried to checking and unchecking the ignore case option... and
> stopping and
> starting the radius service after the change... but, it doesn't seem to
> matter...
> users are still able to login with different case.... UPPER, lower,
MiXed...