Re: config ODBC from unix radius

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 27 Feb 1997 11:23:36 -0800

French, ken wrote:

> I have RadiusNT running as a service from NT4.0.
> It is doing accounting only, but is working.
> I want to implement authentication.
>
> Converting from Ascend's Radius under Unix to RadiusNT
>
> In the SERVERS table, I only used the columns/fields
>
> Server
> IPAddress
> Secret
>
> ? I assume I don't have to use any other columns/fields ?

Yes, those are the only three fields RadiusNT uses.

> It is working, but will it keep working?

As long as you don't change anthing. :)

> USERS file for each account has
> joesmith Password = "secret"
> Framed-Protocol = PPP,
> Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool = 1,
> Ascend-Idle-Limit=9000

> USERS file also has
> pools-MAX Password="ascend", User-Service = Dialout-Framed-User
> Ascend-IP-Pool-Definition = "1 1.1.1.2 72"
> This defines ip pool for Ascend to allocate from.
> It corresponds to Ascend-Assign-IP-Pool =1
>
> To create a pool on Ascend MAX 4004, I can use;
> Ethernet, Mod Config, WAN Options,
> Pool#1 Start: 1.1.1.2
> Pool#1 Count: 72
>
> In the SubAccounts table, I can insert a row with
> Login = joesmith
> Password = secret
> AccountType = PPP
>
> ? How/where do I configure for each user to use POOL # 1?

You would create the SubAccounts, and then put corresponding
entries in the RadConfigs table for the REPLY attributes
of that subaccount. You do NOT put login or password in the
RadConfigs table.

For your Users, you can put Account Type specific REPLY
attributes in the RadATConfigs table.

> ? Are any other columns/fields required specifically for users?

If RadiusNT doesn't find EITHER any RadConfigs entries matching
thier AccountID or a any RadATConfigs entries matching their
AccountType, it won't let them in.

> >From the EMail archive, Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 12:44:56
> >Did you add you the new RADIUS attributes to the Dictionary file in the
> >RADIUS NT? They are located on the the Release notes of 3.3.1
>
> ?I downloaded RAD_NT60.ZIP, how does version 3.3.1 relate to 60?
> Should I care?

3.3.1 is a Portmaster ComOS release.

> In the ODBC mode, RadiusNT seems to get the dictionary from the ODBC tables
> RadAttributes, RadValues.
>
> ? The dictionary should go with the radius.exe, so
> I should not have to do anything, correct?

Yes.