Re: Frame vs loginname

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 12:45:33 -0800

Daniel Beaudry wrote:

> Hello everybody, thank's so far, for the help you guys had bring to me.
>
> I have a more complex one this time, Dale, I think you'll love this one.
>
> Every users at Enter-Net have the ability to login as a PPP, CSLIP, Slip or telnet user. We give them the right settings according with the folowing:
>
> If the user code begin with a "P", the user will have a PPP connexion.
> If the user code begin with a "S", the user will have a Slip connexion.
> If the user code begin with a "C", the user will have a CSlip connexion.
> Otherwise, the user have a telnet connexion to the server.

This is called the SCP patch. We haven't implemented it into RadiusNT,
although
our Unix RADIUS daemon has it.

> We did change a bit the version of Radius we Implemented in our Unix box according to theses rules.
>
> 1) Does any body have the same kind of mechanism? What do you do?

We use the login/shell fields for this. A user only needs ONE of the
three
options above. You put Pdaler as thier login, and daler as their shell.
The RadiusNT will use the Default SHELL account type attributes if it
matches
their shell, and their login/default account type is it matches thier
login.

> 2) Is it posible to have RadiusNT sources to make the changes myself, and of course give it back to iea?

No.

> 3) Does any body have other sugestions.

See #1.