Re: Acct ack not seen by Ascend P400

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 01:43:43 -0800

Robert J. Strickler wrote:
> We are trying connect a Pipeline 400T with 4.6Cpl5 software to the
> implementation.
> The authorization seems to happen correctly and the callers are allowed in.
> The Ascend never seems to see the ack and keeps sending the accounting
> records over and over again which makes the detail file grow at a
> tremendous rate.
> The debug shows that the radius service is receiving the record and sending
> an ack in return but the records keep getting resent by the Ascend.
> Everything works fine on a compiled FreeBSD implementation.
> Anybody else have this problem?

In RadiusNT Admin, do you have Require Secret set for accounting? This
is a common problem with Ascend equipment. Also check your
accounting secret on the Max. You might have an incorrect accounting

-- Dale E. Reed Jr.  (       IEA Software, Inc.      |  RadiusNT, Emerald, and NT FAQs Internet Solutions for Today  | Mailing list (