RE: Does anyone experience browsing network problem?

Kurt A. Butzin, DDS ( kurt@molar.net )
Wed, 28 May 1997 17:10:21 -0400

On Wednesday, May 28, 1997 4:16 PM, Peter A. Sang [SMTP:pesa@sang.de]
wrote:
> Please let me add that it's a bad idea to run either WINS or the primary
> browser on a multihomed server (=multiple IPs or network cards). For
> details have a look @ MSKB.
> cu, Peter
> -
> Peter A. Sang
> SANG Computersysteme GmbH * Kruppstr. 82-100 * 45145 Essen * Germany
> T: +49-201-82020-0 * F:-40 * http://sang.net * mailto:pesa@sang.net
> * Microsoft Solution Provider * Intel Systems Integrator *

Do you happen to know the KB article #? I've been running WINS on
multihomed servers for quite some time with no problems. Could you shead
some light on why it's a bad idea and what the problems may be. This info
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks is advance

Kurt A. Butzin, DDS
Molarnet Technologies, Inc. (An Internet Solutions Provider)

kurt@molar.net
http://www.molar.net

kurt@butzin.com
http://www.butzin.com