Re: News feeds

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Wed, 28 May 1997 11:03:08 -0400

At 01:51 PM 5/19/97 -0500, you wrote:

>I would like to know if anyone knows of a service provider that would allow
>us to point our users to a news server based on concurrent connections on a
>monthly basis. Then once we justify our new news server ( 6 to 9 months )
>we would like to change our agreement/contract to purchase a news feed from
>the same provider. BTW, we are having problems with our current news feed
>provider.

I know of two: zippo.com, who, when I questioned their desire to censor
the adult materials by putting user passwords on access instead of just
allowing in our IP blocks, told me "we don't want your business". And
supernews.com, who we use as a customer, and are very pleased with. $100 a
month has cleared us from having to deal with the headaches we had running
our own news server (mainly in keeping the RAID running cool and fast, not
with NT).