Re: UPS

Eric Fagan ( (no email) )
Wed, 28 May 1997 03:28:34 -0600

Yikes! Sounds like some somebody was storing those UPS's in salt water or
something (serious, oceanfront warehouse?)... I've only got 5 units, but I
might be lucky, too. Shipped from Dellware. They (Dellware) have been
fairly good to us for quite some time, although RMA's are the usual
hassle... The OPTI's seem okay for now - 1 year+ running, switching often
through sags - usually 5-10 times/day (there's copier equipment nearby & a
compressor somewhere in the building), & they've been through a few
extended outages as well. I just might be lucky tho-

Eric

----------
: From: Vincent L. McCutcheon <vincentm@spideyweb.net>
: Subject: RE: UPS
: Date: Wednesday, May 28, 1997 1:30 AM
:
: I'm really happy to hear about someone that is happy with the Opti-Ups,
We
: originally purchased 4 of these deices....2 were DOA...re...charged for
24
: hours....died the first time the power went out. View Sonic was very
happy
: to send Us new ones to replace them. So at OUR expense....$36.00