Re: cgi scripts and post.office postmail.exe

Randy Martin ( randy@austintx.net )
Sat, 17 May 1997 00:49:14 -0500

At 05:36 PM 5/16/97 -0500, you wrote:
>We are running Windows NT4.0 sp2 w/oob patch and post.office 2.0 on our
>backup domain controller (mail). We are running Windows NT3.51 sp5, perl
>5.01 (?) and our web server, ftp server on the primary domain controller
>(main). I am trying to customize the formmail.pl script from Matt's
>Script Archives. Even if I copy postmail.exe onto the main machine, the
>script does not run.
>
>I have changed the directory for cgi in the script to point to the
>correct directory, and also ensured that the locator for the
>sendmail(postmail) is also pointing to the proper directory
>
>I've been wrasslin with this for weeks and don't know where else to ask.
>
>I have read your docs extensively and cannot find the answer on how to
>do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>TIA
>
>Robin McCutcheon
>sysadmin
>spideyweb.net

You should really try the smtp.pm module for Perl. This module (used to be
available at perl.hip.com -- I think they are activeware.com now) allows a
Perl script to communicate with the SMTP server by directly opening a port
to it. It seems to be much faster and more efficient than any of the .exe
mailers we tried (blat, postmail, etc.).

Regards,

Randy

Randy Martin Voice: (512) 335-2368
Partner eMail: randy@austintx.net