Re: PERL on IIS 3.0: counters, etc.

Allen Wisor ( Allen@nova1.net )
Fri, 16 May 1997 14:08:23 -0500

Perl works ok on IIS3.0 as long as they are simple scripts. I had a
client
runnig a stats perl script. He recieved around 4000 hits a day and kept
14 days of data. The data file was 7Mb in size. When the script would
look at data it would run at 90% processor usage. Use up to 60mb of
ram per instance. Take 2 to 5 minutes to run so the client would reload
because they got tiered of waiting. This did not kill the last process,
it only started a second ,and a third, and a forth and so and so forth.
Needless to say this one perl script running multiple time would start
to use 500-600 meg of ram. Sometimes crashing the server. The script
in no longer in use.

There is my 1/2 cent worth

-- Allen WisorAllen@nova1.netNova Internet Services, Inc.Ph(214)904-9600 Fx(214)357-1431