RE: Another problem with IIS.....

Kurt A. Butzin, DDS ( kurt@molar.net )
Fri, 16 May 1997 09:56:29 -0400

On Friday, May 16, 1997 9:28 AM, Patrice Bechard [SMTP:pat@cetnet.com] wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I did read the list about "Multiple default document with IIS" and i am
having
> bizarre problem write now. I have installed IIS 3.0 with the FP extensions
> and
> i am using multiple documents. This is all working if i access the pages
> with
> Internet Explorer but if i use Netscape i get the "Save to disk" windows and
> it's asking me to save the HTML document on disk ????
>
> If i remove all my default documents for 1 index.htm it fix the problem.
> Any ideas ???
>

> --------------------
> Patrice Bechard
> Programmeur / Superviseur
>
> Centre Education Technologies
> College de Bois-de-Boulogne
> Montreal, Quebec, Canada
That is a problem with FP extensions and multiple default documents. We have
found the same thing happens here. Since we have clients that demand Front
Page we went back to a single default doc. Hopefully M$ will fix this problem
in a update to the extensions.

Kurt A. Butzin, DDS
President
Molarnet Technologies, Inc. (An Internet Solutions Provider)

kurt@molar.net, kurt@butzin.com, postmaster@molar.net, webmaster@molar.net

http://www.butzin.com http://www.molar.net