Re: Logging

Brad Albrecht ( brad@cio.net )
Thu, 15 May 1997 09:35:09 -0700

I don't remember right off hand how it works, but I do remember that it is
in the help file for IIS manager. It includes all field names, etc. I did
it for an Access dB, but the service keeps kicking out errors in the log
with strange stuff that cannot be easily explained. I have gone back to
the text file format, and downloaded MS' Usage Analyst. It importsthe log
files into a dB and lets me analize them from there. It also does reverse
lookups, and domain lookups for more detail. It secretly includes a filter
that you can add to your server so you can have more stuff in the logs too.
It includes info on machine type, browser info, and referring page.
Pretty neat if you want to know just who is hitting your site. You can get
a free 90 copy from ms if you want to check it out. It is on their site..
part of back office.

Brad

At 10:17 AM 5/15/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Has anyone developed an SQL database for logging www, ftp and gopher
activity on their servers? If so would you be willing to share the
structure and or and empty database with me?