Re: Mail/News

Daryl Banttari ( )
Tue, 06 May 1997 16:51:26 -0500

Jared Groves wrote:
> Hrrmm...the only issue I have with NTMail is the setup of Virtual Domains.
> It didn't want to work (go figure) ...Also, it required a seprate IP for
> each VD which isn't cool when you consider that each web site also requires
> an IP.

Use the web site's IP as the domains MX addr; since they listen on
different sockets, there is no conflict ;-)

e.g., this might be part of the zone file:

@ IN A
IN MX mail
www IN CNAME @
mail IN CNAME @

-- +|Daryl S. Banttari, CNE|||"Talk does not cook rice" - Chinese proverb|'Good things come to those who wait, but only the things left by | those who hustle.' - Abe Lincoln|'A candle loses nothing by lighting another candle' - Fr. James Keller|'There is a diminishing return on caution' - Me+