Re: asp

Brad Albrecht ( brad@cio.net )
Sat, 03 May 1997 23:53:32 -0700

At 07:06 PM 5/3/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I seem to have a problem with .asp files. either I can't view them @ all,
>or they load into adobe. Does anyone know the proper way to associate .asp
>with the browser? reinstalling active server pages did not help :-{

If you are talking about seeing them across the web (as opposed to reading
them off a drive), you need to make sure you have the directory where the
ASP file is set to execute (via the IIS Mgr). By default, they are read
only. If you are using ASP, IDC, etc you should make sure you have
implemented MS's security fix for that too (if you want to keep your dB
passwords to yourself, as well as source code).

>is anyone currently using IIS on more than one server for loadspreading?

I have 2 IIS 3.0 servers. One has FTP and WWW, the other has FTP, WWW, ILS,
& MSCHAT. I keep all the user home directories on one, with the user web
pages mapped accordingly, and the other gets my domain, and sub domains.

As far as dynamic allocation of what server feeds based on current load.. I
don't have that answer..

Brad Albrecht