Re: [BINDNT] root problems (and MS DNS fix)

Eric Fagan ( (no email) )
Tue, 15 Apr 1997 15:47:50 -0600

Hi-
What should the TTL be set for these records? I definitely not a dns
guru but I think I pretty much understand what this will do.... Also, I
noticed the absence of servers j-m. When I created the zone, the A records
for all servers were there automatically, including j-m. I deleted them to
conform to your instructions... BTW, I noticed the problem again just as I
was getting ready to create this zone. It's not severe (yet) but I'm sure
worried. I guess I'll have to wait for the root servers to resolve
themselves before this fix will work?

Eric

> From: Josh Hillman <admin-maillist@talstar.com>
> Subject: Re: [BINDNT] root problems (and MS DNS fix)
> Date: Tuesday, April 15, 1997 7:21 AM
-snip-
> I used to have this problem, but back in December, I came up with an
> interesting "cure" for it and haven't had a problem with MS DNS since.
>
> Create a new zone (primary) called "root-servers.net" as if you are
> virtually hosting that domain name.
-clip-