Re: [BINDNT] root problems

Eric Fagan ( (no email) )
Mon, 14 Apr 1997 22:35:20 -0600

That is interesting... I've got a box that runs MS-DNS -- it (the DNS
service) blew up over the weekend for no apparent reason. It didn't crash
-- it simply began telling people with requests that the site they were
attempting to look up did not exist. About 40% of the sites began
disappearing as cache expired. It did this same thing several months
before. A reset to the machine would cure it for an hour, then it would
get lost again.... I'm guessing the events are related. I've since dinked
with it so much (in an attempt to fix it) I have no idea how it (ms-dns)
was originally configured....

Eric

<snip>