Re: Solaris & NT

Jeff Binkley ( jeff.binkley@asacomp.com )
Wed, 02 Apr 1997 15:45:00 -0500

Are you saying they should or shouldn't be turned on at the Solaris client ?
I am hoping someone on this list has a client running Solaris 2.5 with RAS and
can give me the client configuration. I'm rpretty good with most versions of
Unix. I've just never worked with Solaris 2.5.

Jeff

-> See if they have LCP extentions turned on. I've had problems with them
-> dialing into a RAS system before.
->
-> Good Luck!
-> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-> Phillip A. Heller pheller@csonline.net
-> Internet Engineer http://www.csonline.net
-> CSOnline Internet Services (814) 898-6524
-> ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
-> ...I think what I write, but my employer might not...
->
-> ----------
-> > From: Jeff Binkley <jeff.binkley@asacomp.com>
-> > To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
-> > Subject: Solaris & NT
-> > Date: Wednesday, April 02, 1997 8:24 AM
-> >
-> >
-> >
-> > I am running NT 3.51 SP4 as an ISP PPP server. So far I have been able >
-> to get every conceivable client to work with our system except Solaris > 2.5
-> users. They cannot connect using PAP. I've tried the microsoft RAS > and
-> various Unix Usenet groups to no avail. Can anyone here shed some > light
-> on this or know how to solve this ? My user tells me that Solaris > 2.5
-> doesn't come with the standard PPPD package that most Unix systems > have.
-> It actually uses UUCP to dial and then hands over the connection > to a PPP
-> package once UUCP drops out. I have run a ppplog trace and can > post it if
-> it would help.
-> >
-> >
-> > Thanks,