Re: Proxy Server for NT

Andras Tudos - Computronic, C3 ( (no email) )
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 12:19:26 +0100

At 05:46 97.03.28 -0500, you wrote:
>The new V2.5 proxy server from Netscape seems to be MUCH better than
>their previous versions. Cost $995
>http://www.netscape.com/comprod/server_central/product/pricing/index.html#P
ROXY

I'm sorry to tell you, but the Netscape Proxy for NT is still buggy, they
will hopefully release a patch next week (it was promised weeks ago...).
The biggest problem: it eats up all memory within one day if heavily used
and crashes. The only workaround at the moment is to restart it every night
automatically. We are using it in our network and are having serious problems.

For more info have a look at Netscape's newsgroups.

Andras Tudos
Computronic, C3 http://tech.c3.hu
Budapest, Hungary http://www.computronic.hu