Re: RAS

Michael Carpenter ( mikec@psa.pencom.com )
Tue, 25 Mar 1997 18:34:54 -0600 (CST)

RAS does allow browsing...it does not assume anything about the
network, and if devices are RAS'ed in, they ARE on the same network.

The RAS server handles the browsing...

I have this set up on my machine and don't have any
problems...granted, my machine is a stand-alone server...

Check to see if the RAS server is set up to only allow access to the
local server and not the network. Also, another reason might be that
you are using multiple protocols to attach to RAS. Every protocol has
a different browse master and this might be confusing the situation.
It is best to only use a single protocol when RASing in. Typically
this would be TCP/IP

If you are using static IP, it is possible that the RAS client is not
getting the information about the WINS server, DNS server, etc...

Mike

Jeffery Warren penned:
->RAS does not allow browsing by default. It's assumed the network is too
->slow. Additionally, the browser only works on devices on the same network
->as the computer. The dialed-into network apparently does not count.
->
->----------
->> From: Jeffrey Betts <jbetts@ccaccess.net>
->> To: Ntisp <ntisp@emerald.iea.com>
->> Subject: RAS
->> Date: Tuesday, March 25, 1997 4:45 PM
->>
->>
->>
->> I have set up RAS on a nt 4.0 server
->> the person can dial up and connect
->> OK but can not browse the network.
->> Can someone let me know what I am
->> missing.
->>
->> Thanks
->> Jeffr Betts
->> Jbetts@ccaccess.net
->>
->
->

--  ___  ____ __| _ \/ __/|  \ mikec@pencom.com         |  _/\__ \| \ \ Michael A. Carpenter    |_|  /___/|_|__\ PSA AnswerDesk - Austin Texas  (512) 343-8888 Pencom System Administration:            http://www.pencom.com