Re: post.office 3.0 is coming

Jeffrey Betts ( (no email) )
Sun, 23 Mar 1997 12:09:17 -0800

I will say it again I use rockliffe mail
it is at http://www.rockliffe.com I got
a unlimited license for $500.00 I think
it is $600.00 now I got it on sale. The tech
support has been great it is easy to install
and use. I don't know if it has the spamming
security hole I have not run into the problem
yet. If this concerns you call them they are very
helpfull.Also it does e-mail the invoices correctly
from emerald...It has aliases, and mail lists..

Jeff betts
Jbetts@ccaccess.net

----------
> From: Ian Pizey <ifpizey@kenora.com>
> To: ntisp@emerald.iea.com
> Subject: RE: post.office 3.0 is coming
> Date: Saturday, March 22, 1997 7:52 PM
>

> Re this Post Office thing...
>
> We have been just ready to go out and purchase Post Office for our Mail
> server.
>
> But in light of the recent Price increases and possible future increases,
> it would be prudent to pursue other products. If more users would voice
> their concerns in the same way then Software.com might listen.
>
> Post Office is a good product, despite the few issues. However, when a
> company takes a position that their product is the best so they must
raise
> their prices, I get upset. I do not expect software.com to give away
> product. But based on this thread they are using the high support costs
as
> a justification for price increase. I would think it would be best for
> them to charge for the support. Perhaps on a per incident basis. This
way
> the users of the support will pay for it. In the software industry this
> is an accepted practice.
>
> Oh well just my two cents worth.. Off to look for another mail
server....

> At 03:08 PM 3/29/97 -0600, you wrote:
> >Well, if anyone thinks we're making a lot of money I'll be glad to show
> >them my accounting books and the loss I've sustained for the past year.
Not