RE: post.office 3.0 is coming

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Thu, 19 Dec 1996 19:29:07 -0500

Lee, I'd like to point out that I consider your company's position regarding
the spammer fix as nothing short of extortion by saying that it will be
included ONLY in the 3.0 release, and not sent back to the 2.0 version. I
said that your lack of desire to go into revision control and produce a hot
fix was THE key reason I'm mad as hell, and that's true; and that's directly
related to the pricing issue. IN essence, you are saying to me:

"We know we have a serious problem regarding spammers being able to assume
control of our software and use your bandwidth with impunity. We're willing
to fix this, after a few months of research. All it will take is upgrading
your license at a cost of another thousand dollars today, plus $2 a mailbox
in the future...."

Again, that's BULLSHIT, no matter how you try to cover it up with perfume.

You have a severe security problem in post.office 2.0, and I deserve a free
and fast fix to it. Whether I upgrade to 3.0 or not, I am still entitled to
use that 2.0 license, unlimited, and I deserve a fix to such a serious
security flaw. It is your company's unwillingness to even acknowledge this
BASIC TENET of software support that will be your undoing.