RE: post.office 3.0 is coming

Jeff Weiss ( jeff@tsns.com )
Sat, 22 Mar 1997 09:20:23 -0500

At 06:08 PM 3/21/97 -0600, Randy Martin wrote:

>If you guys are honest, you will admit that it costs you no more to sell me
>a 50-user license product than it does an unlimited-user product as long as
>I don't use you for support! It's the support for the 20,000-user guy that
>costs you all the money. So, you should just charge for the support. I
>don't need any support, I don't want any support, I can manage just fine on
>my own. Why should I be penalized because someone who wants to maintain a
>20,000-mailbox system need constant handholding? You guys are going to
>alienate A LOT of users with this current pricing scheme.

I doubt that someone maintaining a 20K user system needs any more
handholding than someone supporting 2K users. That's just the party line.
Let's face it, ISPs are perceived as "making a lot of money". So, why
shouldn't the people who help make the ISPs possible (software/hardware
vendors) try get a slice of that pie? That's the real reason they're
trying to get $2/user. I think the buzzword is "value added pricing".

Jeff Weiss EASI
jeff@tsns.com 61 Holmes Avenue
+1 203-759-0574 Waterbury, CT 06710
+1 203-759-0553 fax USA