Re: FCC access charges

Ronnie D. Franklin ( ronnie@itexas.net )
Fri, 21 Mar 1997 20:14:33 -0600

I believe if you read the entire document and the history of it you will
find that what they are talking about is a current issue that the telcos
are trying to get the ISP's to pay a interstate access charge just like
long distance carriers do now.. Long distance carriers pay 7 cents a minute
(I believe that is the correct rate) to carry their long distance service
over the backbone and the Telco's want us to pay the same rate...

Basically it will be voted down this time.. but you can bet that the
Telco's will keep pounding...

Ronnie Franklin
Logical Data Systems & Services Internet Texas
3435 Peak Road
http://www.itexas.net/
Granbury, Texas 76048
mailto:ronnie@itexas.net