Re: Database Crash Help !!

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 15 May 1997 14:01:09 -0700

Jeffrey Betts wrote:

> Well my server crashed yesterday. I restored
> the emerald database from backup it authenticated
> fine but emeradmin would not see the database it
> kept wanting to recreate it. I reinstalled emerald
> now emeradmin works OK but when I try to go
> into emerald with the client it wont allow me to
> log in. Also in the options area of emerald it
> does not show any databases.

Most likely your users don't have permission to the
Emerald database objects after the backup. Load instperms.sql into
isql_w and execute the script on the emerald database. This will
restore your permissions. You can verify this is the problem
by first logging in as sa to the Emerald client. If that works,
you have permissions problems.