Re: My IP #'s

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 14 May 1997 11:18:01 -0700

Josh Perry wrote:
> I'm curious... We have a whole Class C but we don't currently use all
> our IP's.. what keeps someone if they knew which IP's we weren't using
> use them?

The internet routing tables specify WHERE those IP Addresses go. For
lets say you have, and MCI is your upstream. The Intenet knows
to route
your Class C to MCI, and MCI knows to route it to you.

It possible for someone to make a screwed up announcement (we have been
with this) but usually its for a CIDR block, not a signle class C.