Re: 2nd Try: Reports Not working-Blank Message Box!!

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 14 May 1997 12:13:46 -0700

Neil Johnson wrote:

> Dale,
> I have the report directory set in the administrator to
> \\servername\emerald ( I have the reports in the main emerald
> directory. The share is visible on the server through windows
> explorer on the machine in question. Being a VB programmer myself, I
> am puzzled by the fact that the message box is blank. I think that
> there is an error handler which doesn't know what to do with the error
> happening on my system(If it matters, I do have VB 4.0 installed and
> in use on this machine). Could there be a version which will give the
> correct error for debug purposes? Do I need to try a different
> version? I'm running 2.1.0 ADMIN, and 2.1.11 CLIENT. I can't find
> anything wrong with the setup, but I admit I'm not the expert on
> Emerald.

Several people have reported this. It seems to be a CR message
box that is being displayed. Everytime this has happened, it was
a problem with either not having ODBC32 installed or not having the
Emerald ODBC DSN confgiured correctly.

Did you install CR3 when you installed VB4? There is a version
defect in the Emerald install where it sometimes does not install
over an older version of files. This seems to be really centered
around the CR files.