Re: Expire date

Marc Elbirt ( marc@cpol.com )
Sun, 4 May 1997 23:23:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 4 May 1997, Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:
> 2.1.11 had a bug where the extend was not being read from the DB, and so
> the default extend was always 0. The admin was fine. The next version
> will fix this.

Dale, as far as everybody but you is concerned, 2.1.11 STILL HAS a bug. I
can't wait for the next version, for christ's sake. For the last time,
get the hint: We need software that works.

Your customers should not have to use a beta software to fix the bugs in
the released software, especially in a mission-critical environment. You
need to rethink your approach to version management. Here's the way it's
supposed to be done:

Decide on the limited new features to be included in a version, and get
them working. Start a new version. If you get bug reports from the old
version, then fix them immediately, without requiring an upgrade to the
new version. Then finish the new version. Release and repeat. It's as
easy as that.

Is anybody else with me on this? PLEASE, make it clear to IEA and Dale...
Aren't you, too, sick of bugs, unstable releases, and using betas for
weeks on end?