FW: Emerald setup question.

Robert McGuire ( (no email) )
Mon, 21 Apr 1997 20:55:41 -0400

Hi,

I did the same thing.

A. Link the Emerald DB into your access DB
B Load 3 queries in access (just paste them into a new query sql)
C Set your defaults as desired first in the queries or change the values =
later
C Run 'Append Master Accounts' first then run 'Append Sub Accounts' last

1. Append Sub Accounts
INSERT INTO dbo_SubAccounts ( CustomerID, FirstName, LastName, =
PhoneHome, Login, Shell, PhoneWork, Description, AccountType, Password, =
saExpireDate, Extension, Active, TimeLeft, LoginLimit, SignDate, =
LastModifyDate, LastModifyUser, Cost, Email, saCurrent )
SELECT [Sub Account Pre Load].CustomerID, [Sub Account Pre =
Load].FirstName, [Sub Account Pre Load].LastName, [Sub Account Pre =
Load].PhoneHome, [Sub Account Pre Load].Login, [Sub Account Pre =
Load].Shell, [Sub Account Pre Load].PhoneWork, [Sub Account Pre =
Load].Description, [Sub Account Pre Load].AccountType, [Sub Account Pre =
Load].Password, [Sub Account Pre Load].saExpireDate, [Sub Account Pre =
Load].Extension, [Sub Account Pre Load].Active, [Sub Account Pre =
Load].TimeLeft, 1 AS Expr2, [Sub Account Pre Load].CreateDate, [Sub =
Account Pre Load].LastModifyDate, [Sub Account Pre Load].LastModifyUser, =
0 AS Expr3, [Sub Account Pre Load]![Login] & "@pop.intertrek.net" AS =
Expr4, 0 AS Expr1
FROM [Sub Account Pre Load];

2. Sub Account Pre Load
INSERT INTO dbo_MasterAccounts ( FirstName, LastName, Company, Address1, =
Address2, City, State, Zip, PhoneHome, PhoneWork, PhoneFax, CreateDate, =
StartDate, maExpireDate, Extension, Active, Comments, LastModifyDate, =
LastModifyUser, PayMethod )
SELECT MasterAccounts.FirstName, MasterAccounts.LastName, =
MasterAccounts.Company, MasterAccounts.Address1, =
MasterAccounts.Address2, MasterAccounts.City, MasterAccounts.State, =
MasterAccounts.Zip, MasterAccounts.PhoneHome, MasterAccounts.PhoneWork, =
MasterAccounts.PhoneFax, MasterAccounts.CreateDate, =
MasterAccounts.StartDate, MasterAccounts.maExpireDate, =
MasterAccounts.Extension, MasterAccounts.Active, =
MasterAccounts.Comments, MasterAccounts.LastModifyDate, =
MasterAccounts.LastModifyUser, " Invoice" AS Expr1
FROM MasterAccounts;

3. Append Master Accounts
SELECT dbo_MasterAccounts.CustomerID, MasterAccounts.FirstName, =
MasterAccounts.LastName, MasterAccounts.PhoneHome, SubAccounts.Login, =
SubAccounts.Shell, SubAccounts.PhoneWork, SubAccounts.AccountType, =
SubAccounts.Description, SubAccounts.Password, SubAccounts.saExpireDate, =
SubAccounts.Extension, SubAccounts.Active, SubAccounts.TimeLeft, =
SubAccounts.LoginLimit, dbo_MasterAccounts.CreateDate, =
dbo_MasterAccounts.LastModifyDate, dbo_MasterAccounts.LastModifyUser
FROM (MasterAccounts INNER JOIN dbo_MasterAccounts ON =
(MasterAccounts.LastName =3D dbo_MasterAccounts.LastName) AND =
(MasterAccounts.FirstName =3D dbo_MasterAccounts.FirstName)) INNER JOIN =
SubAccounts ON MasterAccounts.CustomerID =3D SubAccounts.CustomerID;

Robert McGuire

***************************************
*** InterTrek Technologies, LLC ***
*** Internet Services ***