Re: Serv-U and emer_su.dll

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Thu, 17 Apr 1997 10:34:43 -0400

At 07:33 AM 4/17/97 -0700, you wrote:

>The problems seems to be the LENGTH of the homedir. I'll see if I can
>track down whats going on with it. For now, make sure your use home dirs are
>less than 31 characters. I would recommend a direct share of the root,
>rather than a parent of the root user dirs.

This may be it -- note that 31 characters is likely insufficient for
directory names. USER names can take up a large chunk of that, since we
don't limit our users to 8 character User ID's.... Even if I share the
home page dir separately, I'm going to exceed 31 characters on a couple of
users:

\\the-force\userweb\ ALONE is 20 characters, meaning my users are
limited to 11 character UserID's even at the
SHORTEST point. (And the Machine name for my
corporate hosting server is even LONGER!)

Can you jack this up to 64 characters, just to be safe? Thanks!