Re: CallsOnline too big to clean up!

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 11 Apr 1997 01:25:17 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> > OK I found out how many I have (74627)
> > Now what?
>
> If you're trying to delete your START records from the Calls table, do them
> bit-by-bit:
>
> Delete From Calls
> Where AcctStatusType = 1
> AND CallDate < '11/1/96'
>
> Adjust the date by every couple weeks or a month at a time, so the system
> doesn't get too bogged down while processing. You may want to keep the
> START records for recent sessions (past few days or whatever you may feel
> is appropriate).

The new version of RadiusNT actually has a feature to manually update
the
callsonline for a start record (and not save the start record) and then
insert the stop record. I have found that this feature is actually
SLOWER.
Its a good idea, though. Just adding a record to the end of the calls
table
is fast. RadiusNT gets control back before the trigger updates the
callsonline. Having to search the callsonline table and update the
entry take about twice as long as the insert. Oh Well...