Re: Setting up a backup SQL server

David Edwards ( Gecker@Oakweb.com )
Wed, 02 Apr 1997 23:48:30 -0800

At 07:22 PM 4/2/97 -0500, you wrote:
>I was thinking about setting up a second SQL server to replicate the
>Emerald database. That way we would always have at least a read only
>backup of all the data, and also a secondary Radius authentication
>server, should the primary one go down. Has anyone done this? Thoughts
>or suggestions?

I played with this some on a small scale. Didn't seem like it was too
difficult once I understood the Microsoft terminology. The one thing I got
hung up on is whether to create a separate device for replicating on the
publishing computer and how much space needs to be allocated to that.
(That's why I just did it on a small scale with a couple tables) I'm
working on some more of this if you want to correspond of off the list.

David Edwards
System Administrator - Oakweb.com
Lake Tahoe's Premier Internet Service Provider
1-800-61-TAHOE