Re: PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE fix SU_EMER.DLL!

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 02 Apr 1997 02:36:23 -0800

Jeff Woods wrote:

> NINE crashes yesterday, three of them between midnight and six A.M.,
> resulting in two round trip visits to the office (15 minutes each way) to
> reset the thing (PC Anywhere won't work on machines with multiple IPs).
> My wife is ready to divorce me because she's not getting any sleep -- and I
> don't blame her -- that pager is LOUD.
>
> Dale, PLEASE escalate this and get it fixed NOW. I will download and run
> any number of debug programs you care to post for me, and will call you at
> my expense to discuss the results. But I simply MUST stop the server from
> crashing before I lose my users *and* my wife.

We have a complete re-write of the Serv-U DLL that will be on par with
the
NTMail DLL. It will include several key additions, including registry
configuration (like RadiusNT) and some of the new disk quota options. I
was
hoping to have this available Tuesday (yesterday), but it might be
another day.

We ARE working hard on this, and its a very high priority. I appreciate
the
patience and apologize for taking so long to solve this problem.