Re: Creating Email Accounts

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 31 Mar 1997 11:52:47 -0800 (PST)

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Michael J. Noe wrote:

> Thanks for the reply. I created an external system called Netscape Mail.
> Entered the information including the form ID. Then I went into the
> service types and selected that external system for the two service types
> that I wanted to use it. I restarted emerald and created a dummy account.
> Entered the email address on the services tab, and saved it. No email
> account was created. No mail was sent to accounts or postmaster. I didn't
> get any error messages. How can I debug this?

First, make sure the SMTP tab in Emerald, Config Client, is
filled out.

Secondly, although I didn't mention it, the creation is
not automatic. To tell Emerald to create teh accounts, select
External Systems....Batch Accounts from the pull down menu.
That will send the account information to Netscape Mail.

Dale