Re: Help!! Can't Enter Users

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Fri, 28 Mar 1997 15:24:05 -0500

The message below was originally sent to someone else with the same problem
earlier this morning:

SQL Enterprise Manager
Databases
Emerald (double-click on it)
Truncate the Transaction Log

This will tell you that you should do a diskdump right afterwards, so you
should do that as well
right-click on the Emerald database and choose Backup/Restore
Make sure that Database Backup displays Emerald.
Select a Backup Device (I created one a while back called
"Emerald_diskdump", but you can use the generic "diskdump"
too)
Click on Backup Now. (you may have to click on the Initialize
Device checkbox first)

That should take care of it.

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com

----------
From: Barry Kiesz <barry@mdex.net>
To: 'emerald@emerald.iea.com'
Subject: Help!! Can't Enter Users
Date: Friday, March 28, 1997 3:03 PM

Hello!

Got a quick question, I was able to enter people just fine in Emerald up
until about 20 min ago.. I'm now getting SQL Insert error.

Here is snip from my SQL log. Please help... I am still able to
authenticate, the ability to modify and add records is fried...

--snip---

97/03/28 13:55:28.90 spid17 Can't allocate space for object 'Syslogs' in
database 'Emerald' because the 'logsegment' segment is full. If you ran out
of space in Syslogs, dump the transaction log. Otherwise, use ALTER
DATABASE or sp_extendsegment to increase the size of the segment.

97/03/28 13:55:36.94 spid17 Error : 1105, Severity: 17, State: 2

97/03/28 13:55:36.94 spid17 Can't allocate space for object 'Syslogs' in