Re: start and stop records

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 13:44:25 -0800

Josh Hillman wrote:

> I've got over 36,400 start records in my Calls table (SQL) dating back to
> Oct 28, 1996. Do the start records serve any purpose after the stop record
> has been obtained for the same call? The stop records are pretty useful,
> but I don't think I've ever used the start records for anything AFTER the
> stop record has been obtained.
>
> How can these start records be removed (if it's safe to do so)? I don't
> want to kill any of the stop records yet.

The start records can be removed safely. We are testing a new option of
RadiusNT that will manually update the calls online for start records,
rather than putting the start records in the DB. This will save lots
of DB time/space. :)

For Now, use this to delete start records. One thing you should note.
On
large Databases, do not just simply delete all the start records, you'll
fill you log. I like to do it in half/month increments.

Delete From Calls
Where AcctStatusType = 1
AND CallDate < '11/1/96'

and uping the date by either a month or 15 days. Your mileage will vary
on this, though.