Re: Radius.exe in Emerald's ftp beta folder

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 24 Mar 1997 13:36:02 -0800

Marc Elbirt wrote:

> >For example, you could say only ISDN service Types in the Business Group
> >can
> >use these ports, or only PPP customers in New York region can use these
> >async
> >lines.
> >
> 1. We would like to be able to restrict users access to ports based on
> their Service Type.
> 2. Additionally, we would like to be able to manually restrict _ab_users of
> our service, in any group, to a specific group of ports; dunno how, though.
>
> As for (1.), multiple groups might have access to multiple groups of ports.
> This, I think, adds some complexity to your model, ie. not just 1-1,
> 1-many, or many-1, but many-many as well.

But using Service Types, Groups,and regions, you should be able to come
up
with a solution.

The other way to do it is to be able to define a set of server
access groups. Then you would assigned a SAG to each service.
If the service doesn't have a specific SAG associated with it, it
would use the default SAG associated with the group the MBR is in.