Re: roaming and emerald

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 17 Mar 1997 10:26:28 -0800

Einars Bindemanis wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to realise such scenario:
> - there are 3-4-more independent ISPs using emerald in different cities
> - they want to provide roaming for their users
> - and they want to disclose to other ISP
> only user name and password and some profile
> if there is any.
> Real name, address etc. should not be disclosed.
>
> Any suggestions how this could be done ?

We have not publicly realeased roaming for Emerald. In a roaming
install,
you don't give out information, you just setup which users CAN roam.
The
RadiusNT server at the other ISP then queries yours for the
authentication
information. Accounting is forwarded as well to keep track of all
usage.

Currently, to do what you are asking for, you could create an MBR for
all
the users of the other ISP, and put the users who can roam in that
group.
Then you just inactivate the MBR to disable roaming for that ISP.
Although
there would be some overhead, since its not automated, it shouldn't be a
tremendous amount.