Re: Emerald and Netscape Mail integration

Rudy Komsic ( (no email) )
Sat, 15 Mar 1997 04:12:18 -0500

Emerald!!!

Why MUST you be SO proprietary!?!? Are you trying to be the NEXT
Microsoft/Sun/Netscape/Corel/Lotus/Intel/Adaptec/etc... as you get my
point. You should make it work with all mail programs or you will see
someone else just take your profits away.

----------
> From: Tommy Cheng <tommycheng@pcmagic.net>
> To: emerald@emerald.iea.com
> Subject: Re: Emerald and Netscape Mail integration
> Date: Saturday, March 15, 1997 1:31 AM
>
> No, I want Emerald to have POP3|IMAP for Netscape Mail Server. :)
>
> Actually, with older Netscape mail, just use Post.Office and it should
> work.
>
> Tommy
>
> Pat Augustine wrote:
> >
> > Dale,
> > I managed to get Emerald Admin set up properly for Emerald to create
email
> > accounts from 2.090.
> >
> > However, in both of the subsequent versions (2.092 and 2.098), it no
> > longer works. I get the email form letter from Emerald email, like when
it
> > did work, but the account is not created. No error message, just
doesn't
> > create the account. I'm guessing it has to do with the change to
include
> > POP3|IMAP, since we are using an older version of Netscape Mail Server.
> >
> > My question is, obviously I can cure it by going back to 2.090, but in
> > some future revision that's no longer Beta, I'll want to upgrade and
I'm