Re: Unable to create invoices

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 12:09:30 -0800

Marc Elbirt wrote:

> I understand your strategy. Nonetheless, the InvoiceItems for an Invoice
> should add up to the amount of the invoice. This is necessary for proper
> accounting, and is also necessary for the invoice to make sense when
> printed out.

So compute your "real" amount and be done with it. I really don't
undestand
what the "complaint" is. Its a database, you can get anything you want
out of
it. Most invoices have a quantity for invoice item. Since we only
allow
MBR billing (IOW, each service can not be billed at a different billing
cycle, it woul be redundant to store that SAME number in each invoice
item.

> This means either that you must change the amount of a single InvoiceItems
> entry to be equal to the yearly fee, or that you must enter in twelve (12)
> InvoiceItems. Perhaps a "Quantity" field in the InvoiceItems table would
> be suitable.

No, No. Just use a statment like this. Remember, its a database,
things
aren't always where you THINK they should be....

Select ii.Login, ii.Description, ii.Amount, i.Months, Total=(ii.Amount *
i.Months)