Re: Emerald and Post.Office integration

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 10:35:36 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 14 Mar 1997, Josh Hillman wrote:

> I've been using Emerald and Post.Office since late summer of last year, but
> have never bothered to integrate the two for creating the mailboxes.
>
> In Emerald Admin / External Systems, what should the following entries
> contain?
> Ext. Name:

Give it a name, I like to use the name of the machine running
Post.Office.

> Type: Post.Office MTA

Make sure you fill the description in! Use "Post.Office on xxxx"
where xxxx is the machine name, for example.

> Smart Host: (the full-name of the mail server or just
> the domain name, "talstar.com"?)

Full name of the mail server.

> Accounts:
> Postmaster:

The accounts and postmaster address. Connect to PO web
interface, select list users. The postmaster is the first
one (in the top section). The accounts is the last one
(in the bottom section, after all the users).

> Password: (which one?)

Postmaster password.

> Form ID: (obtained from the mail system...)

Yes. It must be the FormID from the account form.

> Work Dir: (which machine should this be on and what permissions
> are necessary?)
> Logfile:

The above two aren't used with Post.Office.

> Under the Domains tab, I have listed: (are they correct)?
> Name: TalStar
> Internet: talstar.com

Yes. Make sure you have the Config Client, SMTP configured
as well.

> Do I need to set anything else anywhere? Will the new mailboxes conform to
> the settings currently in the P.O. configuration (mailbox size, from-name
> format, etc.)?

Not sure. I haven't looked into the defaults for 2.0 that much.

Realize, you have to use External Systems, Batch accounts
before the accounts will be created.

Dale