Re: New Serv-U Problem

Jeff Woods ( jeff@delta.com )
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 12:43:44 -0500

At 12:29 PM 3/13/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Today, for no apparent reason, I start getting this error from Serv-U?
>
>PROBLEM: Cannot load DLL c:\program files\emerald\su_emer.dll
>
>The files do in fact exist. This was working two days ago.
>Nothing on the system has changed. (At least I don't think so? :-) )

This is an indicator that the ODBC connection could not be made.

Check your ODBC DSN (in Control Panel | ODBC -- make sure it points to
Emerald).

Make sure this server has an active and available connection to your SQL
server and that it is logged on or has a trusted connection. (If you're
not logged on or trusted by the SQL server, you get NOTHING).