Re: Billing in Emerald

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 12 Mar 1997 15:14:59 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 12 Mar 1997, Jeff Woods wrote:

> OK, folks, please help us out here. I did knod of hope for a bit more
> documentation for $3000, but c'est la vie.
>
> What documentation there *is* suggests that I *must* bill users IN ADVANCE,
> perhaps a month before their account expires. Is this the case?

Agreed. We have someone who is soley working on documentation
now, and she is doing really good on it. Its a re-write from
scratch, first the user, then the technical manual.

> I want to have a "staggered" billing set. I want to do billing every
> Monday for all accounts that expire in the next seven days. I don't want
> all accounts to expire on the 1st of the month. I want the user who signs
> up on the 16th of the month to be BILLED on the 16th of the month, a week
> before expiration.
>
> What is the exact method for billing in this manner? Thanks!

Go to file, preferences. Check "Incremental Billing" and save.

Now when you go to do batch billing/renewal, enter a date
seven days ahead of the current date. This will only bill up
to that date and allow you to do your incremental billing.

Dale