Re: Microsoft IEAK Signup Sever script sample

Rudy Komsic ( (no email) )
Tue, 11 Mar 1997 03:40:46 -0500

Too bad it didn't work... I tried it by creating a new account with credit card
and I got an overflow error #6

----------
From: Josh Perry <joshp@netcnct.net>
To: 'emerald@emerald.iea.com'
Subject: RE: Microsoft IEAK Signup Sever script sample
Date: March 10, 1997 3:36 AM

I wrote and compiled this in VB 4.0 pro. We run it on our main server which is
Netscape, the program is not Netscape specific and should run on any windows
web server. All that needs to be done is to have a DSN setup on the server that
the app can read and write data to your user database. I personally have never
used NT4.0 so I could not tell you if it would work. And last, this is a
special test compile I did for you guys to look at so you could see the whole
thing and its total functionality, it will not add a user to the database. So
go ahead an try the whole thing, it will even show you the dynamicaly created
INS file as an html page so that it doesn't mess up your browser :)

Josh Perry
Webmaster
http://www.netcnct.net/
joshp@netcnct.net

------

> Josh,

Couple of questions..
First, what version of VB was this written in? 4?
Second, are you using anything SPECIFIC to netscape server? Many of us are
using IIS 3.0 or another web server, and it would be nice if things we're
Netscape Specific..
Third, and last, have you tried running this under WinNT 4.0?
That's it.. The app looks pretty slick.. I ran through about halfway..
Didn't want to add any users on your end.. <G>
Ryan Smith
ryans@logic-net.com
http://www.logic-net.com