Re: Random password?

Tom Bilan ( Tom@tdi.tdi.net )
Sun, 09 Mar 1997 20:30:13 -0500

I just started using Emerald in the last few days.

If I'm reading this correctly I am assuming you are saying that
Emerald can automatically assign a random password to a
new service? I am running 2.0.90 and I can't seem to get that
to work. Even after I add the RandomPwd key like it says below.

I went into Emerald Admin and set the min password length to
0 (and null) then hit save. Set it to 6 and hit save. Added a service
and still no go.

This random password generator would be VERY useful to me
because in the next few short days I have to enter 1200 users and
I would like to give them all new passwords.

BTW: I've got everything else working. Reports, External
post.office support, etc. This is the only thing that I seem to be
stumped on.

Thanks,
Tom Bilan
>>> Mourad Dahoumane <mdahoumane@interway.lu> 03/09/97 08:55AM >>>