Re: Emerald Questions

Greg Boehnlein ( damin@seka.nacs.net )
Tue, 4 Mar 1997 22:25:07 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Dale E. Reed Jr. wrote:

> Greg Boehnlein wrote:
> >
> > I talked briefly with Dale today and we talked about his plans for the
> > future for External Systems.
>
> EmerUX is an example/starting point of a type of External System
> that could be used. Its not a finished product, and only has a very
> limited use in the Emerald customer base.
>
> We don't provide specific support for it, but are working with
> several people at implementing variations of it.

What about the question that I posed regarding some sort of encryption on
the Exported Account Info? This is a SERIOUS PROBLEM in my humble opinion
and is causing me to re-think my strategy of using Emerald to
automatically create the accounts on my Unix system. This cuts out a large
reason for choosing Emerald and will force me to use Humanoids to enter
and setup the accounts.

I would propose, also, that in some future versions of the software an
"Export" module be included that would allow you to select specific fields
to be exported and the format of the Export File. There are times when a
Comma Delimited file would be easier to deal with. There are also times
when only a pair of fields might be neccessary. Having the control would
be an excellent selling point.

I assume that you are simply exporting the output from an SQL query?

--      President of New Age Consulting Service, Inc.  Cleveland Ohio             SLIP/PPP/Unix Shell   28.8k / ISDN / Leased Line           http://www.nacs.net   info@nacs.net   (216)-524-8414