Emerald Questions

David Khoury ( dave@flex.com.au )
Tue, 04 Mar 1997 09:48:09 +1000

>Subject: Emerald UX
>
>Hello all,
> I'm trying to figure out how to interface my Linux box with my
>Emerald server. I'm running 2.0.88, but I'm a bit stumped.

I agree ... the docs for Emerald UX are VERY skimpy. They don't have to
be pretty, just thorough ... at least explaining how the system works so
that we can figure out the rest :)

>Subject: Date fields
>
>Is there any way using emerald to enter the full year with century (i.e. =
>1997)? Having a look at the SQL database shows the full date, do I think =
>it should be possible. I'd like the SW to be year 2000 compliant.

Have you given any thought to the 2000 problem, Dale?? It's getting
fairly close, and with expiration dates sometimes set a year ahead, you'll
have to look at this fairly soon.

All this is assuming, of course, that the current software is not 2000
compatible :)

David Khoury | "Where's the KABOOM ??
Technical Manager & Comms Engineer | There was supposed to be an
dave@flex.com.au | earth shattering KABOOM!!"
http://www.flex.com.au/~dave | Marvin the Martian