Re: Emerald on Windows 95 SR2

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 03 Mar 1997 10:34:14 -0800

Rick Knospler wrote:

> I have the emerald evaluation working fine on a Windows NT server which is
> also running SQL 6.5 SP2...
>
> I just installed it on a WIndows 95 SR2 release..
>
> Neither the Emerald client or the Emerald Admin load..
>
> Emerald client gives me the following error:
>
> 48:Error in loading DLL
>
> Emerald administrator gives me the following error:
>
> Can't load or register custom control VBSQL.OCX..
>
> What does this mean??
>
> I my ODBC drivers were updated to 3.0 when I installed MS Office 97..
>
> What am I doing wrong?? I never even see the login screen..

You didn't install the SQL Server client, which is an important
step for the Emerlad client. This is done automatically when
you install SQL Server, so you didn't have to do it on the SQL
Server machine. Run setup.exe on the Win95 machine just as if
you were going to install SQL Server on the Win95, and it will
take you through install the client utilities. You don't need
the docs, as they are an extra 17 megs.