Re: emerald-UX

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 23:29:41 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, RHS Linux User wrote:

> Regarding the External Systems setup in Emeradmn..I have a couple of
> questions;
>
> 1. What are the filed of Smart Host, Accounts, Postmaster, Password,
> Form-ID, Workdir and Logfile used for?

These are only needed for a mail system, like Post.Office or
Netscape MTA. Smart host is the name of the machine, postmaster
is the postmaster account (postmaster@machine.my.com), password is
the postmaster password, and form-id is the Form-ID of the
account form.

Workdir and logfile are used for the standard/export
type and are the extend and eports files.

> 2. Do I need to muck about with the System registry to get Exporting to work
> while using 2.0.88?

No. just fill in workdir (the extend file) and logfile and it
should work.

Dale