Re: Random Passwords

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 26 Feb 1997 14:01:53 -0800

Will LaSala wrote:

> Hi all,
> I just picked up 2.0.88
> In hopes that random passwords would be back in working order.
> I see that it's back in the emerald admin but it still doesn't seem
> to create the random password. I have the random password Length
> set to 6 which is what we need.

There were a couple of problems in the admin. Thhe number specified for
Min Pwd Length was being saved in the Min and Random fields in the
database. They also were not being read in by the Admin incorrectly.

I'll put a correct admin up. To get it working with your version,
do this:

Delete and re-type 6 for both the Random and Minimum number and
then save. Re-Load the client, and it should do the random
password correctly.