Re: HHEELLPP.

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 21 Feb 1997 01:58:04 -0800

Franco Nogarin wrote:

> Today, I tried to run emerald, and after I double click the icon, I get the
> top banner part of emerald then I get an error message saying:
>
> Runtime error '6'
> Overflow
>
> with an ok button, and when I click it, emerald shuts down
>
> I am running,
>
> sql 6.5
> emerald 2.0.75 on win 95

AS I am catching up today (about 800 messages behind) it was enjoyable
reading everyone's guess at this problem. However, no one was correct.
:(

Bummers, I though most people he took better notes. This problem showed
up about five days ago, and was corrected in 2.0.84 and higher. Its
actually
a simple one.

For some reason, every once in a while, the registry entries for your
window
positions are saved as high negative numbers. This is the overflow
error
you see. Check the values under the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\IEA\Emerald\Windows

And see which ones huge, or else just grab 2.0.48 and be done with it.