Re: Kicking a User

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Thu, 20 Feb 1997 16:50:30 -0500

I don't know how it's done through Radius/Emerald, but you can kick someone
off-line using the Max console. You can do it via the VT-100 connection or
by telneting to your Max. Hit ^d from anywhere then press 'p' or scroll
down until you reach "password", then choose "full access" and type in your
full-access password. You should have a small window that displays the
usernames of the people who are currently logged in. Tab over to this
window so that it's highlighted. Scroll down to the username you want to
disconnect and hit ^d This time, choose "hang-up" and that user will be
kicked off instantly. To be on the safe side, you should hit ^d again and
choose password, and choose "default" so that you don't accidentally screw
anything up in the max or knock other people off line by accident.
When you kick someone off line this way, the "Ascend-Disconnect-Cause" = 1

Josh Hillman
hillman@talstar.com

----------
From: David Mulberry <davidm@binarybus.com>
Subject: Kicking a User
Date: Thursday, February 20, 1997 3:19 PM

Is this possible?

I am running 2.0.75, MAX 4000, NT4.0, SQL6.5, Radius5.0. I want to be able
to log a user off, for whatever reason. Is there a way to do this with
Emerald and/or radius and/or the MAX??? I know I can set a maximum connect
time and idle limit but I want to be able to bump a user off immediatly.

Thanks,

David Mulberry
BinaryBus, Ltd.
"Your ride on the Internet"